Lauri Hahne wrote:

> There are few quirks currently with Potlatch. I hope somebody could
> fix these :D

Some good suggestions, thanks!

> 1. The auto complete is great but its behaviour is a bit non-standard.
> Currently only enter chooses the currently highlighted item and jumps
> to the next box. Usually tab does this too, and it must be dozens of
> times I've hit tab and then had to return to complete the tag name.

Ha, I'm never sure what to do with this one.

Tab is standard for people who are used to *nix shells.

On Windows and OS X, IME, tab jumps from field to field. Enter/Return
selects from an auto-complete menu (e.g. Safari, Excel). (The
behaviour of tab in auto-complete apps is inconsistent, on OS X at
least.) Potlatch is following Windows/OS X behaviour rather than *nix
shell behaviour.

It's important that there's a keypress for "move to next field without
auto-complete", so that you can type "high=very" as well as
"highway=primary". (I will for the moment ignore those who feel there
should be RULES to PREVENT non-standard tags being USED.) As to
whether this is Tab or Enter, I'm not greatly fussed, but it seems
more logical to me that Enter should stick with its general sense of
"accept choice".

> 5. I don't know how easy this would be but I'd like to see Nasa's
> Landsat images besides OpenAerial's as Nasa's seem to have better
> colours around here.

Potlatch will accept any tile source in the standard spherical
Mercator ("like-Google"/"900913") projection/tile system used by OSM
and a zillion others. I don't know of anyone offering standard-issue
NASA Landsat in such a form (and who'd be willing to let us leach
their bandwidth), but let me know if you do!

cheers
Richard