Hi Daniel,

I'd just like to say how much I like this proposal, even though I have
little interest in it. I especially like the way that you have taken a
large subject and created a proposal to address the whole topic rather
than just proposing individual tags in a piecemeal fashion, and gone
to a lot of time and effort to make it comprehensive and well written.

It's also in ideal shape to form a reference for how to tag golf
courses as a one-page guide, again rather than the more common
approach of considering one tag at a time. I don't know why we persist
in explaining the meaning of individual tags on the wiki when surely
the more common approach is that someone has a real life situation
that they are mapping and want to know *all* the different tags that
apply.

Finally, I hope you stick with the simple tag names (like par= and
ref=) and avoid prefixes like golf_ (and piste:lift: etc) that some
people are suggesting. It makes it much simpler for mappers (which is
most important) and can be dealt with by everyone else (when they
realise that golf refs and motorway refs can be distinguished because
one is on a highway=motorway and the other on a golf=hole!).

All in all, a great example for others to follow, and that's from
someone well known to pay little heed to the voting process!

Cheers,
Andy