Daviud,

Have you read the Help at
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/HowTo/AudioMapping ?

The syncing isn't automatic - you have to indicate one point where in
your audio corresponds to where in your gps track. The clocks on the two
systems will rarely be precisely in sync - and in any case, not all
voice recorders time stamp the recordings (mine doesn't).

I also strongly recommend you check that the duration of your recording
is accurate - see the section on calibration.

David