On 12/05/2008 09:38, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2008, Jeffrey Martin wrote:
>
>> Did we ever decide what to do when a road continues but
>> we didn't continue down the road?
>
> I tend to do "fixme=Road continues" or "fixme=Footway continues".

I put "name=whatever (tbc)" so it is clear to someone looking at the
rendered map that there is something incomplete.

> Although to be honest, in most cases for roads I either follow them as far
> as they go (when I am doing real OSM surveying), or I am just collecting a
> track as I drive on some other business so I don't get any detail other
> than the road's position (and thus won't know if the road continues when I
> review the track later).

You've got to stop somewhere - not all roads are dead ends and it is
impossible to do a settlement of 20,000 people in one session - and
putting in stub ends of bits you know aren't going to be done at least
gives a clue that there is more there (and that you know there is more
there).

David