Hi,
vegard a écrit :
 >>> Currently, I have never seen a stamp vending machine without its post
 >>> box. That is why I intended to mark these with something like:
 >>>
 >>> amenity=post_box
 >>> vending_machine=yes
 >>>
 > There will be a lot of such cases of things with dual use. I did send
a mail about it
 > a few days ago.
 >
 > There's:
 >
 > shop=supermarket with amenity=post_office
 > shop=supermarket with amenity=pharmacy
 >
 > amenity=bank with amenity=atm (this is already made a special case for)
 >
 > and I'm sure the list is endless.
 >
 > I feel we need a generalized solution,

I did not saw your mail before, but I would propose the following notation:
for a place with several kind of services like a post office into a
supermarket, I would propose the following:

tag:
amenity=supermarket
amenity=post_office

then for the properties, we could still use the description as usual,
just extending the naming convention further:

name:supermarket=Systembolaget
operator:post_office=Deutsche Post

and so one.
Could it be a possibility which will also not break the rendering?
regards
Pierre-André