Hi,

The meeting we had with waypoints.ph/rpmap.org guys was very
encouraging.  I think we were able to convince them in favor of OSM.
The meeting initially designed as a simple OSM overview and JOSM
tutorial moved into a discussion on data imports.  I believe a
collaboration with them would greatly benefit OSM Philippines.

There are a couple of issues/concerns (both social and technical) with
the planned data import. I have sent my communication with talk-ph
list for further discussion of the community.  Although this concerns
only the Philippines, please have a read and give us further comments:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ph/2008-October/000067.html

cheers,
maning
for OSM Philippines