On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Robert Vollmert <rvollmert-li...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there seem to be a few Garmin users around here. If you'd like to give
> routable OSM-derived maps a try, there's some instructions on the wiki
> at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/routing . The support is
> still quite incomplete both because the Garmin format isn't completely
> understood and because of bugs. More the latter, probably. Help on
> either topic would be appreciated.

Awesome. Are there any docs anywhere being made for the routing format
similar to the venerable
http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-img ?

Also, when I was putting it together yesterday I saw osm2mp.pl
suggesting it was dealing with turn restrictions (although on reading
the code, it's not exactly sophisticated logic!). But when I was
playing with it last night my eTrex it was ignoring them. Am I
expecting too much, or would you expect turn restrictions to work?

Cheers,
Andy