Hi denny

I had a second look at the documentation and I now understand how Semantic
MediaWiki can help us.

Assume map features were described by three attributes: a key, a value and a
description, like
    {MapFeature  key="foo" value="bar" description="desc"}

Then we would create a Wiki page [[Tag:foo=bar]] (as we do today):

----------- beginwiki of [[Tag:foo=bar]]
bla bla bla

<!-- the properties of Semantic MediaWiki -->
[[key::foo]]
[[value::bar]]
----------- endwiki

On the [[Map Features]] page we could ask for this data (the following example
automatically creates a table,
we have full control over rendering using wiki templates, if we want to)

----------- #beginwiki of [[Map Features]]
{{#ask: [[Tag:foo=bar]]
| ?key = Key
| ?value = Value
| ?description = Description
}}
----------- #endwiki

On yet another page we could include information about the map feature:

-----------  #beginwiki of [[Yet another page]]
The map feature [[Tag:foo=bar]] is described as follows:
* Key:         {{#show: Tag:foo=bar | ?key}}
* Value:       {{#show: Tag:foo=bar | ?value}}
----------- #endwiki

I'd like to use SemanticWiki for the OSM wiki. This will bring us a step
further to managing map feature data.

I'd like to have a kind of sandbox to work on this. Could somebody provide an
installation of MediaWiki including SemanticWiki and a copy of the current OSM
Wiki content on a test server?

-- Karl