On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 05:45:11PM +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> 2009/1/31 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> > I would suggest the following changes in the wiki:
> > - replace "vote" by "opinion poll"
> > - replace "I approve"/"I oppose" by "I like it"/"I don't like it"
> > - replace "approved" feature status by "valuable"
> > - split the map features page in two parts "core map features" for
> > well established tags (e.g. used by more thant 50% of the
> > contributors) and another map features page for the rest.

> I like it, but maybe replace valuable with recommended?

If there must be a rating/poll system, also include an “I neither like
nor dislike it” option.  It doesn’t add to a raw count of likes versus
dislikes, although it does indicate that at least those who rate with
this option may have at least read the proposal.  If this, and making
it easy to rate things (Mediawiki poll extension?) gets more people
using it, the numbers that come out may start being vaguely useful.  As
it stands, as someone else said earlier in the thread, 29 out of 89000
or so users is poor and hardly representative.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall