Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thomas Wood wrote:
>
>> 2009/1/31 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I would suggest the following changes in the wiki:
>>> - replace "vote" by "opinion poll"
>>> - replace "I approve"/"I oppose" by "I like it"/"I don't like it"
>>> - replace "approved" feature status by "valuable"
>>>
>> I like it, but maybe replace valuable with recommended?
>>

> +1 for the modified idea.
>
> We definitely need to get the idea out of newcomer's heads that to be a
> proper OSM member you need to have written at least one proposal...

This is a practical suggestion. We can actually put it into effect
today.  It will take quite a few hours of wiki fiddling to swap all
mention of "approved" for "recommended" though.  Is it worth doing?

I don't think it will solve the problem completely, because people will
still see it for what it is,  a vote on whether a tagging idea gets to
be put on "Map Features", but the rewording might help make people see
it as more of a process of gaining community acceptance rather than just
winning a vote.

Harry Wood