Hi,

Iván Sánchez Ortega wrote:
> Basically, you get enough people (and pay for their memberships) in order to
> buy their votes, in order to eject the current chairman, yadda yadda yadda.

If you're unhappy with the current chairman you don't even have to eject
him. Quote from the Articles of Association governing the running of OSMF:

"A member of the Board may [...] at any time, summon a meeting of the
Board by notice served upon the several members of the Board. A member
of the Board who is absent from the United Kingdom shall not be entitled
to notice of a meeting."

And:

"The Board may meet together for the dispatch of business, adjourn and
otherwise regulate their meetings as they think fit, and determine the
quorum necessary for the transaction of business. Unless otherwise
determined, two shall be a quorum."

So if the timing is right, you'll probably just have to buy one or two
board members to get what you want ;-)

Bye
Frederik

(This is meant as a funny way to say that, when other important business
has been resolved, we should perhaps one day clean up the AoA; it is not
meant to suggest that there was something wrong with those serving on
the OSMF board.)