This talk of turn restriction relations reminds me of a junction
where I think I need to add loads of relations, but to date haven't
as many of them will include a roundabout as the from or to part.

http://is.gd/pOrJ (shortened permalink)

As you can see there is a roundabout, but there is also a dual
carriageway through the middle with the flow controlled by traffic
lights. If you are in the lanes which go through as the dual
carriageway you can't turn onto the roundabout, and if you are in
the lanes that lead onto the roundabout you can't turn onto the dual
carriageway lanes. I think for the relations to work I might have to
split the roundabout from a closed way into a number of sections,
but I've always drawn roundabouts as closed ways before. Will
splitting it cause issues with anything else? Although I might not
have to split as the via (node) will indicate where the restriction
actually applies, even when the dual carriageway lane crosses the
roundabout at two nodes. Or perhaps I could just split the dual
carriageway lanes somewhere in the middle of the roundabout to make
things easier for me to work out what restrictions I need to add.

Comments welcome. I'm undecided between only_straight_on and
no_left_turn on the dual carriageway segments where they cross the
roundabout (and on the roundabout where it crosses the dual
carriageway). I think perhaps the first. Which I think means I need
to add 8 relations to the junction.

Ed