Hi all,

my name is Jehan. I am currently making a world tour. Making lastly a small
part of my trip with some Mozilla guys (you can see me here:
http://blogs.mozilla-europe.org/?post/2009/04/30/The-end-of-the-MECT-09 ),
as they were recording the trip for Open Street Map, they gave me the idea
to do the same. Why not.

So I bought a GPSMap 60 CSx. Currently I configured it with the default
track method.
Record method: auto
Interval: Normal

And in data card setup, I checked "log track to card data", so that I can
simply use the GPS as a usb key where I find one gpx file for each use day.
(this is easier for me especially because I use Linux, so I don't have to do
anything special, nor to install the Garmin software to any borrowed
computer with Windows which I may use...)

Hence my question is simple: do you have any advice of how to maybe
configure better the gps? Or is it good this way? (for info, I am on
motorcycle, if ever this changes anything to the configuration)

Moreover are they anything waypoints that are interesting for you to get? Do
you have any suggestion of something which can be interesting for
OpenStreetMap?

Sorry I can imagine that many of my answers are probably answered in the
wiki. But it is very difficult for me to get internet access. For instance I
am right now in a public library with only a one-hour access right, in
Greece (Thessaloniki). So I just imagine it is easier this way.

Consider me as someone who wants to help, who has a GPS and will do what I
can. So if you think anything from me can be interesting for OSM, just tell
me. But if this implies to be able to connect internet often, then forget
it. I will just connect sometimes to upload my gpx tracks and other infos I
may have collected.

One last question if anyone here is knowledgeable enough in electronics. The
GPS is powered with AA batteries, which is good (I don't have often easily
electricity plugs as I don't stay in hotels, most often). Yet sometimes it
would be good that I could power it with my motorcycle battery, so that I
don't buy batteries every 2 days. For cars, there is this accessory:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=527

My battery provides a 12v DC, as far as I know. So if I can just get this
kind of female plug (that we see on photo) and if I plug it to my motorcycle
battery, will it be enough? I don't want to burn my new GPS...
Thanks all.

Jehan