El Miércoles, 20 de Mayo de 2009, Jehan Pagès escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi, Jehan,

Maybe this question should go better in the newbies list rather than in the
general one. Please have this in mind for other questions you might have.

> So I bought a GPSMap 60 CSx. Currently I configured it with the default
> track method.
> Record method: auto
> Interval: Normal
[...]
> Hence my question is simple: do you have any advice of how to maybe
> configure better the gps? Or is it good this way?

If you have a SD card in your Garmin, the best thing to do is to configure it
to record one point per second (record method: time, interval: 1 sec). If you
use a 1 GB card, you won't have to worry about downloading the tracks for
months.

> One last question if anyone here is knowledgeable enough in electronics.
> The GPS is powered with AA batteries, which is good (I don't have often
> easily electricity plugs as I don't stay in hotels, most often). Yet
> sometimes it would be good that I could power it with my motorcycle
> battery, so that I don't buy batteries every 2 days.

1) Hold on to one or two packs of NiMh AA batteries.
2) Most (modern) garmins can be powered through a standard USB cable (try:
connect to your computer, then get the batteries out). *Anything* that can
convert 12V DC to 5V DC through a female USB plug will do.

I think the best option is to visit your favourite motorcycle shop and say "I
want to use an USB thingie in my motorcycle".

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <i...@sanchezortega.es>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta compleja.