Hi!

> start_date=, end_date=
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Properties
> http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/start_date/
> http://osmdoc.com/en/tag/end_date/
> maybe someone could create the tag pages for those on wiki?

Actually, I think these tags as well as the proposal are a very bad idea
in their current form. The only reason this has not already exploded is
that they are not being used (14 uses according to above statistics).

I assume that the main and default application for a map is to show
current information on the present. Including past and future data is
ok, but it should be done in a non-intrusive way that does not damage
the main use.

Just tagging something that isn't there with and end_date does not
remove it from any map as to my knowledge all current tools and
renderers ignore them and will show the objects anyway.

When introducing a new tag, you don't seriously want to damage all
existing maps and databases and force every tool to be changed, do you?

I suggest we remove those tags from MapFeautres and find a better way to
represent things that are not there.

bye
        Nop