David Earl wrote:

> I had to revert changes for someone this week who specifically said to
> me that's what had happened - he didn't realize he was editing live
> data. People don't read stuff in front of them.

Well, you can't completely idiot-proof these things, and it's a great
shame to inconvenience everyone else just for the benefit of a few
(expletive deleted)s who can't or won't read.

Maybe an "are you sure?" could be displayed for the new user who edits
live for the first time. If someone puts a trac ticket in then I'll do
that as and when.

That said, I'm not envisaging Potlatch 2 will have an edit live mode
unless someone else codes it, simply because live editing is _much_
harder to code than edit-with-save and I'd rather spend the time on
something else.

cheers
Richard