Introduction:
For my work we have a need for mapping "fields" agricultural sections of
land for growing crops. We already put the legal description of the land
in the our invoicing \ work order system and other information about the
field, but we need a way to quickly print a high quality aerial photo of
the section that the land is in and the outline of the field.  I only
need to cover 10 counties in central Kansas at least to start with, and
I can get the free US Gov aerial photography and the field outlines from
USDA.

Question:
Would it be possible/feasible to setup a map server like openstreetmap
that shows all the street/roads along with my aerial photography and
field outlines, and then make a search for the field by customer, by
legal description or by field name?

If this in not the correct group for this, then what group would I ask
this question? I realize the your system is about street and I want to
misuse it for land areas, but it is such a nice system and looks like a
great framework to start building what I need from.

Thanks