The OS have their own aerial survey 'plane, currently based in Blackpool
I think.  A large part of their rural mapping updates comes from this hi
res photography.  They don't choose to release these photos for general
use of course.  An OS 'plane used to be based at an airfield I used to
fly from.

Cheers, Chris