Note OSM can qualify for non-profit pricing on imagery, which can take the cost
down to $12/km2. This is what we arranged for the Gaza imagery.

----- Original Message ----
From: paul youlten <paul.youl...@gmail.com>
To: John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>
Cc: Talk Openstreetmap <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:05:18 AM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Satellite for OSM

>The other question to be asked is the time, effort and money put into
>this be less than archived sat imagery which is about $14 per sq km.

Yeah...but it would be fun to try!

... and while $14/sq Km doesn't sound a lot it would still cost $5376
(£4900) just to get images of (for example) the Isle of Wight in the
UK, $11000 (€7440) to get pictures of New York City and $8000 (€5414)
for the island of Ibiza in Spain.

--
Tel: +44(0) 7814 517 807