Ed Avis wrote:
> Someoneelse <lists <at> mail.atownsend.org.uk> writes:
>

>> http://maps.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/
>> NottsCC.InteractiveMapping.Web.Internet/
>> ?e=461177&n=360114&mpp=160&layers=SEA.PLA.FP.BR.RB.BOAT
>> /&hLayer=&hField=&hValue=
>>
>> suggest that they might.
>
> Hmm, where do you see field information on that?

I just zoomed in to a couple of areas that I knew and verified that the
black lines (boundaries of one sort or another) matched where I recall
the field boundaries to be.  I only found one that looked a bit iffy -
most were surprisingly (to me, given my earlier comment) accurate.

> As for adding field boundaries by doing ground surveys, I think this is
> too impossibly enormous a task, even for enthusiastic OSM mappers.  Perhaps
> we could install GPS devices on every tractor in the country ...

... or every sheep?