Mike Harris wrote:
> Dave makes a good point - the most important thing for walkers in farmed
> rural areas is often to know on which side of the hedge / fence they ought
> to be. OS 1:25k is fairly useless for this as the difference between one
> side of the hedge and the other is usually less than the registration error
> between the OS overlays for public rights of way and the base map! Larger
> scale OS does not afaik show public rights of way as such - just 'paths' and
> 'tracks'. So OSM can offer something here.
>
> I will try to record fence / hedge stubs more often - especially when I note
> that they do not agree with OS mapping!
>
> Mike Harris

I've always been disappointed with the quality of the OD 1:25k. These
are now all digitally stored yet the printed versions look like they've
been drawn with swan quills.

I've never understood why they used thicker linestyles to represent
paths than the 1:50k's . It just blocks out detail underneath it.