On 06/10/2009 14:09, John Smith wrote:
> Some people are marking the landuse hard up against roads, but this
> isn't correct since the property boundary never touches any roads, at
> least none that I'm aware of, and foot paths etc use the same land use
> area as roads.

I keep adjacent areas separate, a small number of metres away from the
way for the road, which essentially reflects a model of reality without
being over pedantic about the exact distance. This includes grass in the
middle of islands and the like. Because road widths are exaggerated in
the renderers that means areas neatly abut them when drawn, which is
just the way it should be IMO. If the road moves (due to inaccurate
mapping) it does mean the area has to be moved too, which is somewhat
inconvenient. On the other hand selecting an area which shares edges
with ways is a pain, so there is also some loss of convenience (not to
mention lack of reality) in sharing edges.

David