On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> The claim copyright on graphics and design and restrict just the map data
> to cc-by-sa. IMHO that inhebits e.g. that I take a screenshot of their map
> and put it on my website. Looking at the legal faq in the wiki:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Legal_FAQ
> "If I have data derived from OSM data, do I have to distribute it? The
> licence does not force you to distribute or make any data available. But if
> you do choose to distribute it, or anything derived from it, it must be
> under the same licence terms as the OSM data."
>
> It's hard to read the legal fineprint and really understand it, but are you
saying: "I should be able to take a screenshot of the cloudmade user
interface, and redistribute it as cc-by-sa"?

If so, that's just silly.

This term here: " (but excluding the Map Data, which are governed solely
under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 2.0
License<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/>)"
seems to do exactly what it ought to: it says that everything on the site is
CloudMade's except for the map, which is OSM, and is distributed under the
OSM terms.

It seems exactly as it should, to me.

Steve