>>> to do what, relicense?
>>
>> Exactly; if your statement is sound. CC-BY-SA doesn't protect us, thus
>> doesn't protect us against ourselves, thus OSMF could declare the data
>> today as ODbL, and wait to get sued by the editors that doesn't like
>> this change, if the CC-BY-SA holds the relicense has just been made a
>> copyright infringement and therefore wasn't required in the first place.
>
> So you really are saying the LWG / OSMF should just ignore everyone and
> change the license?
>
> I think it's better to build a consensus and vote and so on personally, even
> with all the ups and downs.

Steve,

I think he wanted to point ironical situation that you claim that
CC-BY-SA doesn't work. So, it doesn't work, there are workarounds,
let's use this workaround to relicense everything to ODbL :)

Anyway, you can call him a troll, but I agree I so far haven't heard
sound arguments why CC-BY-SA "doesn't work" and what "work" actually
means. Doesn't work for Cloudmade? Doesn't work for community? Doesn't
what? And please, don't refer to old mailing list posts, explain it in
your words, because it is different disscussion and different
situation.

Otherwise it really sounds like pushing change by someone who are
spent too much time in legal-talk. And we know what legal-talk does to
the people. Laws aren't physics, get over it. They will never be clean
and shut.

Cheers and good luck,
Peter.