On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:54 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/12/11 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
>
> Plus I think OSM is going to lose a huge chunk of the database over this.
>
> This would be a disaster, but some have already mentioned having a
> read only database with non-ODBL data and then combining it on the
> tile server to get round this problem,

You can only do that if you release the tiles under CC-BY-SA, which means
that anyone else is free to extract the data from the tiles and use it under
CC-BY-SA.

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:12 AM, paul youlten <paul.youl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Saying "This would be a disaster" is a bit hyperbolic. Sure, people
> who hate OSMapping and just want to use bulk imports will be very,
> very disappointed, and possibly even a bit upset that they actually
> have to go out into the real world and make maps.  ;-)

I'd certainly be upset if someone told me that my office is not part of the
real world and therefore I'm not allowed to use it to make maps!