You can also use Oregon's Waypoint Averaging function to make more accurate
positioning of waypoints. But you need to do this at different times (say on
you next hiking trip when you cross the same waypoint) for this to be really
effective. With couple of accurate waypoints it is easier to detect track
inaccuracies.

Igor