2010/1/2 Aun Johnsen <li...@gimnechiske.org>:
> Than they have done a hell of a job on aligning the fotos, cudos to them. I
> know that Yahoo imagery varies from less then 1 meter to at least 30 meters
> on the hi-res, havn't seen nearmap, and as I understand its only for
> Australia, so I would not have any data to compare with.

Their imagery is a lot better than yahoo, in places yahoo is noted to
be out by 20+m, where as nearmap is pretty consistent. They use
planes, not sats dunno if it makes things easier or not.

As for comparing, you can always use the GPS data uploaded to OSM.

> As far as I know IALA have coverage also in Australia, and I am sure that
> you can get HF also, though it might inicate stations far away (IALA have a
> range of about 150km, HF roughly 1000km), these two systems are focused on
> shipping, so I would guess augmentation stations and transmitters are
> located along the coast. So saying that Australia have no augmentation
> systems are plain wrong. Now the question is rather if your handheld device
> supports IALA.

I didn't think there way, and the only augmentation I've seen is from
mobile phone networks...