Am 15.01.2010 um 15:01 schrieb nicolas chavent:

> Hi
>
> Below a field requirement form Haiti on gamrin gps maps which is half met
>
> a garmin img file of roads and places with clear instructions for non-gis
> users on how to load it to some common garmin units could be helpful.  We
> should encourage humanitarians to load this before they arrive.  The GIS
> staff in Haiti will not really be able to support loading this for people.

Overlaying the additional information with gpx files might be easier and faster
than building a special maps style. In the osm wiki we have quite a lot of
instructions on how to load the maps onto a garmin device. Problem is, that it
differs based on the device and data used by the people.

Jonas (John07)