On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Emilie Laffray
<emilie.laff...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't want to break enthusiasm from anyone but the deadline was the 12th
> of March, meaning that we are 4 days behind the deadline. Has anyone
> contacted Google for an extension? I don't mind seeing great ideas discussed
> here, on the contrary, but then, we have to keep in mind that they won't be
> for a GSOC unless someone contacted Google.
>
> Emilie Laffray

Emilie, the deadline for our application to GSoC was the 12th, which
Graham filled out and submitted. We did not need to have a full list
of projects and mentors at that time.

Once we (OpenStreetMap) get accepted into GSoC for 2010 and get
allotted a number of funded students, then we have to decide how to
split that allotment up between the various project proposals from
students.

In short, no deadlines were missed, it's just that Google's timeline
and forms are confusing.