On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<ava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 16:14, Tom Hughes <t...@compton.nu> wrote:
>> On 19/03/10 16:11, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>>
>>> This is a known issue in Chrome at least:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=28519
>>>
>>> I don't know if we could do anything to work around it.
>>
>> The description on that bug is still wrong - there is no need to provide
>> either password to change your email address. The only time you need to
>> provide passwords on that page is when you want to change your password.
>
> Sure. I'm just pointing out that it's a known bug in a major browser.
> I can also see why someone would be confused when they see the error
> the rails_port throws at them in this case.

I think you're wrong about the bug, btw. I'm using firefox, which
fills in one of the password boxes, whereas you assert on the chromium
bug report that firefox fills out neither.

The whys and wherefores of how I've got Firefox to auto-fill the first
box isn't relevant, but if it's annoying for me I suspect it's
annoying for other people. I'll make an investigation into what we can
do to prevent this from happening. I don't think there's any reason to
auto-fill these two password boxes, so I suspect something clever
involving randomising the password input fields' id or name will keep
them from being filled.

Cheers,
Andy