On 19/03/10 16:32, Andy Allan wrote:

> I think you're wrong about the bug, btw. I'm using firefox, which
> fills in one of the password boxes, whereas you assert on the chromium
> bug report that firefox fills out neither.
>
> The whys and wherefores of how I've got Firefox to auto-fill the first
> box isn't relevant, but if it's annoying for me I suspect it's
> annoying for other people. I'll make an investigation into what we can
> do to prevent this from happening. I don't think there's any reason to
> auto-fill these two password boxes, so I suspect something clever
> involving randomising the password input fields' id or name will keep
> them from being filled.

The obvious thing to do is just to ignore the fact that the first one is
filled in if (a) it has the user's current password and (b) the other
one is empty.

No idea how easy that is to do without looking at it though.

Alternatively there was be something we can do in the page - are there
any sort of standards that browsers adhere to about particular classes
or names on the fields?

It doesn't happen for me in FF by the way, but I am using LastPass
rather than the built-in password manager.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/