On 2 June 2010 17:32, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> 'Safe' for pedestrians to use is simply undefinable as we have already decided
> when trying to identify URBAN areas where one would not walk on one's own!
> MAPS

I disagree that this is an undefinable problem, as I pointed out
before you only need to come up with a base line, could an average
human adult walk down this way without getting hit by a car?

Would an average human adult walk through some seedy part of town
without getting mugged?

If you wanted something more definite, police injury records could
provide alternative verifiability, if as John pointed out 5 people
were hurt or killed trying to cross a road than it's obviously not
safe.