Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Alexander Menk wrote:
>
>> is there any better way for mapping "very wide steps" (100 m, half
>> circle) instead of putting lots of steps next to each other.
>>

> highway=steps area=yes?

A very good question posed by Alex. I have a few wide steps (~50m) in my
city.

It's a good start for a solution from Nathan, but it would need a
direction tag in order for the renderers to know which way the steps
went up & down.

A similar(ish) problem was brought up recently regarding routing over
pedestrian areas. They don't have an intrinsic direction in the way that
linear ways do. Was a solution found?

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a line within the area that
defines the direction. it would have to be linked to the boundary by
using relations(?)

Hatch/Fill areas in CAD programs such as AutoCAD that have an angle
attribute. Does mapnik & others have a rotation angle for fills?

 Cheers
Dave F.