I'm a bit confused as to what exactly counts as a nature_preserve.

Take a look at this area

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.277213,152.952728&z=18&t=k&nmd=20100608

The land around the creek there is a council designated reserve.
However, it's not really to preserve any special nature area, or even
to act as a greenbelt, but mostly because it's a flood prone area,
plus the creek gully is really steep.

Should this be tagged as a nature_preserve?  It's not really
preserving anything, it's just a bit of left over bush that's too hard
to put houses on.  I wouldn't call it a park - though there is a path
along the south side of the creek behind the houses, and some swings
on a patch of grass, so public access is allowed.

If it's not a nature_preserve, what is it? The individual parts could
be tagged as woods, grass, etc, but what is the unit as a whole?

Stephen