Peter Wendorff wrote:
I thought about the history feature the OSM has and wonder, if the deletion of empty nodes normaly should be a problem.

Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but AFAIK the OSM works as follows:
- an object is created, normally - but not necessary with attributes.
- an object can be deleted any time
- if a deleted object is touched again by changing it's attributes, it will be "recreated" so it's present in the database again.

That is correct.

If that's the case, I observe:
Deletion of attribute-less objects will never be a problem, as long as nobody tries to get information from that objects (not included from my point of view).

The point of this discussion: There are people who get information from 3 empty nodes at the end of a way.

It is another way of saying "fixme=continue" on that way. Although I consider this style a little old fashioned, we shouldn't destroy other people's work, just because we don't like the way they are doing things.

So why not let validator detect these cases when searching for dup nodes? There shouldn't be a problem with that...

Sebastian