M?rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Well, I actually tag the whole grounds of a church as
> > amenity=place_of_worship and leave the building(s) as building=yes
> > ignoring the fact that it looks awful on the Mapnik layer. For example:
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/39724055
>
> so administration and parking is "worship" to you, as long as the
> ground belongs to the church? I will not do this in Rome, as about 25%
> of all buildings and places belong to the catholic church here ;-).

Yes it seems strange to tag "place_of_worship" the whole area. According
to the wiki should apply to the church, synagoge, temple... the place of
worship, not the office, the garden and so on.

Of course perhaps it miss a tag to indicate that the area is a religious
one but not "amenity" i think.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange