On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 7:42 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> 2010/8/20 Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com>:
> > You're being too literal with "worship" part of "place_of_worship".  We
> have
> > highway=steps and stairways are definitely not highways.
>

> Amenity=place_of_worship is IMO to be taken literally: it is about
> worshipping (mosque, church, temple, synagogue, ...) and not about
> church as institution and their property.
>
> Looking at your example I agree that it is probably appropriate there,
> because the whole sanctuary is the place of worship (and the single
> churches will then be other pow inside the big one?).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Maybe we need a landuse=institutional or landuse=religious to tag these
things. I simply applied amenity=place_of_worship to the whole grounds since
I couldn't tag the land with anything else remotely appropriate. The
Santuario is the whole place and not just the one specific building where
services are held.

Move the discussion to the tagging mailing list?