On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 21:15 +0100, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Am 06.12.2010 17:58, schrieb Serge Wroclawski:
> > The LWG is part of the OSMF, and the OSMF is who runs this project.
>
> The LWG is part of the OSMF, and the OSMF is part of the ~30000 people
> who runs this project :-)

If the OSMF board abandoned OSM, maybe a dozen people would notice the
difference.  If the contributors abandoned OSM, well, the outcome would
be obvious.  Before this whole licence thing blew up, how many people
even knew about OSMF?  If things were done right, and this issue hadnt
dragged on for 3 years, I suspect many of us possibly wouldnt have even
heard of OSMF, and would have simply continued contributing data.

The only action I can see the foundation has done in recent history, is
to disenfranchise users by dragging legalities out for far too long.
Sure, they might say theyve 'made progress' or 'formed working groups'
or whatever, but Im seeing very little progress and very little work
from the groups.

David