On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Diego Woitasen <di...@woitasen.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi,
>  In Argentina we have a general rule. If you are driving in a two way
> highway (residential, primary, secondary, etc) you can't turn left.
> You can do it only if there is a sign and/or traffic light with the
> turn left row. We are discussing in the Argentina forum about if it's
> make sense to map the no_turn_left restriction on every crossing road
> or not. I think that we should drive the exception to the rule, the
> routing software should apply the default restriction.
>
> What are you doing in the other countries?
>
> Regards,
>  Diego

This proposal of tagging the allowed left turns will be quite a
headache for people who make routers. The biggest problem is that the
router needs to recognize that the road is a divided highway (workable
but not trivial in the current OSM practice) before it can determine
where there are possible left turns.