Am 30.04.2011 um 15:05 schrieb Simon Poole:

> Grant
>
> While I don't quite understand why the SWG has turned in to the WDWG (Web
> Design Working Group) (it does seem to be a bit outside it's charter ...), I
> believe Martin issue is with the rampant re-active instead of pro-active
> information policy that infects all parts of OSM. Not that I don't understand
> some of the reasons for this, but on the other hand it does, unnecessarily,
> create a fair amount of animosity.

+1
I think it would have been more than appropriate to notify the community about
such an important change.
A short email/blog post/forum post telling the community that
– the logo has been changed
– why the logo has been changed
– who made the decision and why they decided to go with this one
– and where to find the new logo as .png and .svg files so that they can update
their own projects and websites
would have been enough and not much work for someone from Strategic to write.

-- Jonas