Tom Hughes <tom <at> compton.nu> writes:

>>I think the important question is whether mapping airspace causes any harm to
>>people who don't care about airspace.
>
>I believe Frederik covered that when he mentioned the problems of having
>lots of objects criss-crossing areas that people are trying to work on
>and how the pollution of the airspace things make that hard.

That is a good point.  I experience the same thing with underground railways and
other miscellany.  The proliferation of extra nodes and ways makes editing
difficult.

However, I would suggest that this is not a particularly hard problem to solve;
the editor can hide all nodes with a certain tag or put them in a different
layer.  Currently, available editors don't do that.  The question is whether to
forbid tagging airspace (or water pipes, or contour lines, or whatever) for the
time being until editor support is available for keeping the work separate - or
whether to let it be for now and wait for editors to catch up in due course.

Telling other people to stop mapping something which they are interested in
needs
a very good reason and a high burden of proof.  And while airspace does seem a
bit pointless to you and me, no doubt the people mapping it have good reasons.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>