Steve Coast wrote:

> On 6/18/2011 12:54 PM, Russ Nelson wrote:
>> Erik Johansson writes:
>>   >  The Troll word is used so often around in this community that it's
>>   >  hard to speak about courtesy.
>>
>> That's because SteveC uses it on people who don't agree with him.
>
> Can you point to an example where I call someone a troll who was not
> characterized by the wikipedia definition?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2010-October/004601.html
I can say for sure that my aim was to get the bicycle=avoid tags removed,
and I would presume that Paul's aim was to keep them. Hence neither of us
was posting "with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional
response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion".