Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I must congratulate David on his decision.
> [...]
> If any of you, at any time, feel that they seriously wish someone
> else in the project to "burn in hell"; if you can't sleep because
> someone was wrong on the mailing list; if you're thinking of ways
> to take revenge on the guy who reverted your wiki edit - if any
> of that happens, then the project has clearly failed to deliver the
> fun it promised, and it is time to move on. Life is just too short!

Agreed 100%.

That's why I started the "Going separate ways" thread: there's no point in
all this gut-wrenching when plenty of alternatives are now available. Just
find the one that suits your beliefs and enjoy contributing to it, rather
than being miserable within OSM. I hope David enjoys FOSM or CommonMap.

cheers
Richard