But so far I couldn't find a really important type of apps that just work.

So just any of you iPhone users here in the list have an APP that can create
proper GPX files?

I like to take the bus and to create GPX files (I mean as a track not as single
POIs) of the bus routes. And there are a lot of bus routes missing in this part
of the world :-/

Probably the best of that class for the iPhone is the OSMTrack app. Motion-X GPS app can also create GPX tracks, but has many more features and is therefore more complicated if all you need is GPX tracks.