On 27/05/2012 17:54, Worst Fixer wrote:
Hello.

There is on going import of Buildings in city Chicago.

Import is held by following account:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/chicago-buildings

I found no discussions of this import. No announcement. I searched bad?

It is absent from following web page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue

I want know why importer uses following tags:

* chicago:building_id (314 330 objects, used by 2 users).

I sent letter to importer, and he said he will not import this tag any
more. But, he continues to. No justification of need for tag was given.

Who has the right to ban a tag? Where does it say that a tag has to be justified?

I understand your concerns about the import process, but not your allergy to tags which don't fit your idea of what's valid.

Colin