Hello.

I ask you to review my planned edit.

There are lot of ways to tag intermittent water feature found in database.
Most popular is intermittent=yes. All others come from different old
imports. Date ist 2009-2010 year. I countiered ~350 000 features tagged in
different such ways. Most is done by 10 users.

I ask users iandees and SK53 join discussion, as most of such tags were
imported by them. Others welcome too.

I propose unification of tagging in all this imports.

Following tags converted to intermittent=yes:

frequency=intermittent
occurrence=intermittent
stream=intermittent
water=intermittent
type=intermittent

Following tags converted to intermittent=no:

frequency=perennial
stream=perennial

stream=ephemeral converted to intermittent=ephemeral.

Just removed stream=fixme.

Converted "fdate" field from NHD imports in iso8601 date, moved to
check_date tag.

Removed all id-like tags.

If no valid objections will be raised, I upload this change on 2012-06-12.

Here is overview:
Short, to get the idea:
http://worstfixer.000a.biz/04-intermittent/overview-short.html
Long, for exact analysis:
http://worstfixer.000a.biz/04-intermittent/overview-full.html.gz

I currently looking for place to upload exact .osm.gz for a preview.
Suggestions welcome.

--
WorstFixer, twitter: http://twitter.com/WorstFixer