@Phillip
thanks

@Steve
The single map - multiple routes overlay will come into consideration
and I already have a plan considering the simple/advanced map context,
as well as the "Set Target" button.

@Alex
My idea for now is to store all information in the URL (however I
spent some time in researching and/or developing an encoding function
to compress the coordinates info)

@Graham
I've noticed the same problem on iPhone. I'm already on the way to
remedy that issue

@Matthias
I'll spend some time researching the bug.

@All
Thank you for the feedback.
P.S.
If you have a github account, please post the issues on:
https://github.com/Sandra-Milanovic/OpenStreetMapWidget/issues
That would be a tremendous help for me to track them.