Hello, i'm an Italian osmer
on talk-it we are thinking there is an issue with amenity=bicycle_rental
preset in josm

the problem is about translation: we want to translate
amenity=bicycle_rental preset as "Stazione del Bike Sharing" (bike
sharing docking station) ,

but on the launchpad translation page [1] we see that bicycle_rental is
translated in a group together with car rental and motorcycle rental, so
we cannot change the translation for bicycle_rental only

we want to make a different translation of amenity=bicycle_rental
preset, to avoid the common situation of users mapping a shop/place
renting bikes, as amenity=bicycle_rental instead of shop=bicycle +
service:bicycle:rental=yes

any possible solutions?

thank you.

ps:some people is also complaining with the tag (amenity=bicycle_rental)
and want to propose to change in something like amenity=bike_sharing or
something like that, that avoid misunderstanding but maybe is more
complicated

[1]https://translations.launchpad.net/josm/trunk/+pots/josm/it/4277/+translate