I don't think translation is a topic suitable for that list, but I think
those who know about the JOSM translation system are more likely to be
there and not aware of what's happening in talk@

It terms of the actual tag in the OSM data...
Although many people make suggestions, it's not good to change "in-use"
tags in OpenStreetMap. You can't know who is using the data in what ways
and what could break as a result. You also have to make everyone change
their tagging habbits at the same time, and they may not be aware of a
discussion to change the tag.
If there is potential confusion(I can see how in this case) then it is down
to editors (and translations of editors) to sort that out. For example,
Potlatch uses pictures and you don't need to know what the actual tag text
is.

On 14 September 2012 19:09, Fabri <erfab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, i'm an Italian osmer
> on talk-it we are thinking there is an issue with amenity=bicycle_rental
> preset in josm
>
> the problem is about translation: we want to translate
> amenity=bicycle_rental preset as "Stazione del Bike Sharing" (bike
> sharing docking station) ,
>
> but on the launchpad translation page [1] we see that bicycle_rental is
> translated in a group together with car rental and motorcycle rental, so
> we cannot change the translation for bicycle_rental only
>
> we want to make a different translation of amenity=bicycle_rental
> preset, to avoid the common situation of users mapping a shop/place
> renting bikes, as amenity=bicycle_rental instead of shop=bicycle +
> service:bicycle:rental=yes
>
> any possible solutions?
>
> thank you.
>
> ps:some people is also complaining with the tag (amenity=bicycle_rental)
> and want to propose to change in something like amenity=bike_sharing or
> something like that, that avoid misunderstanding but maybe is more
> complicated
>
> [1]
> https://translations.launchpad.net/josm/trunk/+pots/josm/it/4277/+translate

Gregory