On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does it help for distinguishing imports from original
> contributions to have many small areas or small feature sets or many
> small changesets? What might help is a uniform changeset comment or
> component.

What's the reason to distinguish individual contributions from
external data if it is not for copyright infridgements and/or possible
reverts ? In both cases, the user account is not an issue in our case.

> nobody should be importing from Bing or converted GPS-traces ;-), the
> distinction we do is: use different accounts for data you create
> yourself and for data that you take from other sources (i.e. for which
> you don't have the intellectual property rights).

But what we call "cadastre import" normally includes manual work where
existing data are integrated (e.g. the building names, places of
worship, townhall, etc). So it is rarely a pure import but more an
integration.

> well, not sure where this comes from and if it makes sense: I don't
> see a real obstacle as email addresses are not a scarse ressource (you
> get as many as you like for free), but I agree that it seems to be
> better to allow the same email address for multiple accounts

I guess the reason was an anti-spam and fake-accounts measure.

> I'd put it like this: someone who didn't respect the import guidelines
> valid for  almost one year was temporarily blocked. What's the
> problem? That's what the DWG is for.

"valid" ? I did not know that a wiki page, editable by anyone, is
defining how and what the DWG (and indirectly the foundation) allows
or forbid for imports once the legal points are clear.

> how many have spoken up against it? I'd expect from every mapper who
> wants to import something to read the current import guidelines and to
> act accordingly.

And how many have spoken for it and where ?

> -1 if there are other obligations (like attribution) associated with
> the originals data license.

In our case, the attribution is attached to each element. Because
planet dumps or extracts do not contain attributions attached in user
accounts or changesets comments. Asking a separate account does not
help here.

Pieren